Friday, May 27, 2005

The 3 "Ps"

Parties:
I’ve finally sorted out my work leaving do… It was actually quite a nuisance . Finding a suitable date at the most agreeable restaurant with the best menu options for a decent price.. Settled for this pub called the Chough (pronounced “Choff”). It’s a lovely English pub under new management, and is supposedly haunted! Nothing like having a little character at your party venue. I compiled and sent out the list of invites, it comprised of the graduate group, the Everest & Kilimanjaro Expedition groups and the different work areas I had been through. I am expecting about 15 people whilst a good proportion to settle just come by for drinks, some people are on leave as it is half-term over that period, so many of the managers cannot attend. There will be more parties to come yet, things won't dry up after this one, I'm especially looking forward to returning to Bristol where I did my undergrad, it's an amazing place to party and have fun and there are some key friends still there. In the meantime this bank holiday weekend, I'm going to take a deserved break and stay put in Salisbury before the celebrations resume again next week.

Preparation:
Churning through some bureaucracy for leaving my company, I stumbled across my company managed pension- what should I do about it? It's value is not that large and ofcourse I can't touch it until I'm 60- although 3-4 months ago I could have withdrawn it and after tax it would be more than sufficient to balance most of my payments this summer! I think I'll try and claim that since I'm leaving the country I'm entitled to my contributions, otherwise I might try and move it to be administered elsewhere- but where?. I also finally gave my notice to leave employment, a very easy task- check this website out!

Presentation:
Potentially one the most emotional presentations I’ll ever have to make. The final presentation on behalf of my charity detailing last year’s Fundraising Expedition up Kilimanjaro. Nothing like the society board of directors, young members, and students at the School of Oriental & African Studies (SOAS) for an audience! It should be interesting, I've got quite a bit of time to prepare since it is not until the 17th June. I hope to have a leaving party out in London straight after- I'll certainly need the drink after presenting for almost an hour!

1 comment:

Forrest Gump said...

Nice blog.
Welcome to the blogging world.