Friday, May 13, 2005

Mislead to the wrong campus?

In my haste to catch up with as many people as possible in London I ended up missing an important lecture by a World Bank Director of the Tanzania region...

To cut a long story short, in the rush to get to the lecture, my friend led me to the wrong school of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) campus... There are two campuses, one in Russell square which is the main one, and another near Kings Cross. What annoys me, is that I had the directions which indicated exactly which campus it would be, I just let stupidity and misunderstanding rule the day. Oh well... There are other things I came down to London to do besides. My friends and I ended up being let in to the main SOAS bar and enjoyed a few drinks amonst the most multi-cultural student environment I have ever been in. It was just great. I doubt the Stanford GSB community is as diverse as SOAS's, but I'm sure it'll come pretty close.

No comments: