Thursday, June 16, 2005

Could this be my last business trip in the aerospace/aviation industry?

Today was my last client site visit as part of my current job. It is really winding down now. Next week I have 2 major project close/review meetings and I will have transferred all responsibility on my projects. I'm now reflecting on 2 and a half years of this interesting industry. Although there's a lot I dislike about it, the amount of politics, the huge product life-cycle spans (a typical commercial aircraft may take between 4-8 years to develop at a cost several billion dollars- even longer and more costly for military aircraft!), there's still some glamour, after all this is an outstanding example of european engineering and innovation... So I took a long hard look last at the concorde parked at the Airbus, Filton site.

But here's a better shot, the last flight- flying over Bristol and clifton suspension bridge- my undergrad university town.


Concorde over Bristol Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Forrest Gump said...

cool snap !