Wednesday, June 29, 2005

It happened...

NOTE TO SELF: Do not talk about the possible negative consequences of going on a standby flight on your blog, cause it may just happen...

Connecting flight to Tanzania was full- over booked by 21 paying passengers and 10 standby passengers (really bad odds!). Luckily some family friends are able to look after me here in Zurich until tomorrow when I wil fly back to London and connect to Tanzania with good old British Airways (full fare on business class- ouch!). So tired after spending hours in the airport, but relieved to be able to explore parts of the city of Zurich this afternoon. I did pick up some swiss cheese and chocolate. Arrival in Tanzania for Friday morning- long week, but I am in no rush... The prospect of 6-7 weeks in Tanzania is keeping me happy. Oh, the Zanzibar festival of the Dhow Countries is also on this weekend, if I can find the energy, I will head straight out to the island.

One thing that occured to me today whilst chatting to our swiss family friends is that I have not seen any of my relatives/immediate family since my acceptance to Stanford! It will be so nice to get home and get a good official family congrats in person...

3 comments:

Forrest Gump said...

atleast the same holds for me ...
the things i dread and pray not to happen, always happen....

is zurich a tourist place, as other cities in europe ?

Mbwana said...

Zurich is not that touristic, it's more of the financial capital of switzerland- lots of private banks. Geneva is a more interesting city, I wish I'd left a day earlier so could have spent some time visiting. But I'm home now.. 7 weeks of paradise & calm.

Anonymous said...

Hi :)

You have a great blog! Keep up the great work, and I'll be sure to visit regularly.

I have a regent online degree program related site, check it out if you get some time!

Look forward to reading more of your insightful post!