Thursday, June 09, 2005

The four phase moving plan to Stanford has begun...

I'm exhausted after the first of four phases of my moving plan which spans 3 continents- life's tough for international students.

1. Move from rented flat to my friend's house temporarily for 2 weeks until last day of work and departure. Will split possesions, amassed over 11 years in the UK into two halves.

2. Depart for Tanzania with one half of my stuff that I don't need for b-school. Leave the other half (b-school stuff )in storage at my friends in UK for recollection in mid August.

3. Following 8 weeks in Tanzania, in which I'll be renewing my passport and sorting US student visa (easier to sort in home country) plus having a break, saying farewell to family and friends, I'll then depart for California, flying via UK.

4. Spend 2 days in UK collecting stored b-school belongings from friend's place and sending them on to California using an excess baggage moving service, they deliver door to door for small charge, so straight onto Schwab. Say final goodbye's to UK friends and make the final connection to California to arrive in late August...

No comments: